Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wellness Wednesday: Yes, we did!

(image from The Daily Telegraph)

what a day!!

i watched most of the BBC news coverage yesterday evening - and yes, the kids let me! they found it interesting! which it was - truly historic! with two million people of every creed and colour standing in the mall, which was a slave market, apparently, witnessing an african-american man swear the oath of the presidency, with his wife beside him, herself descended from slaves, and their two girls.
what a beautiful first family, what an inspirational image, what a president!

Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America - they will be met...
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin the work of remaking America...

1 Comments:

At 4:53 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,

I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering if you were watching too. Oh I gave you an award its on my blog a few days ago.

I am glad we shared this wonderful day.

Kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home